CAMP KING INDUSTRIES Outback Series Canopy Camper (Jeep Gladiator, Toyota Tacoma)
Tacoma units IN STOCK!!
Gladiator and 3rd gen 5ft Tacoma Outbacks are in stock at Rhino Adventure Gear. Currently no lead time. Reach out or swing by our San Marcos location to see one in person!
Click here to sign up for updates and the latest news on the Camp King Outback!
Introducing the Outback Series Integrated Canopy / Rooftop Camper! This awesome all-aluminum system is produced by Camp King Industries in Australia and is now available in the USA via Rhino Adventure Gear.
What makes these Outback Canopy Campers so freaking awesome?
The Outback Series maximizes the bed space of a standard pickup truck by offering a fast and simple sleeping solution as well as a secure storage solution all in one simple & sleek package. Designed with inspiration from the worldwide Overlanding scene this Australian-designed and manufactured product offers something truly revolutionary.
Below are a few highlights that fire us up!
- Unmatched Build Quality. All Camp King Outback Series units are 100% Australian Made at their factory in Brisbane, QLD.
- No cheap unskilled labor here. Quality to last you a lifetime of adventures.
- World Class warranty - 5 Years on Camp King workmanship, 5 years on the Canvas (deterioration and fading), and 1 year on incidentals such as latches, handles, and struts.
- Weight 147kg / 340 lbs - combining a canopy and a rooftop tent all within one unit keeps the weight down. This is huge!
- Built Tough. Camp King's one-piece roof design is exclusive to Camp King Industries. Their one-piece tent roofs are fully TIG welded and secured with a specialized Orlock riveting system making it one of the most structurally solid units on the market.
- Each unit is built specifically for the vehicle, meaning, no one size fits all, no fit kits and no “universal” packages, and no dead space. This ensures tight tolerances, clean mating, efficient usage of space, and a super clean appearance. No wasted space ensures you maximize your precious storage capacity
- Retain your factory tailgate. Don’t underestimate the utility of your tailgate! Flat space is a premium, and nothing serves that better than your factory tailgate.
- Compatible with slide-out drawers, fridge slides, cook slides or bed slides. No rear fit kit means you don’t lose the utility of your truck bed. We love slide-out kitchens, fridges, and drawers. No need to compromise.
- Goose Gear Camp System compatible. We worked with our friends at Goose Gear to produce the Goose Gear Full Interior System specifically compatible for the Camp King Outback Series. This gives you the ability to outfit the inside of your canopy with not only bench seating and storage, but also with a slide-out fridge, slide-out stove, and a full size Laveo Dry Flush waterless odorless toilet. No need to keep your fridge loose in the bed or in the cab of your truck. Use your toilet in the privacy of your own truck. Make your coffee in the AM without any fuss. This kicks ass.
Camp King Outback - Quick Facts / Specs
- Weighs in at only 340 lbs.
- Laser cut 3mm fully TIG welded body unit construction with 2mm top
- 8.5ft Telescopic ladder included
- New High-quality 4-inch high-density two-piece mattress included
- Large spacious sleeping area with plenty of room
- Sleeping area measures 85" (L) x 51.2" (W). Great for you tall folks
- Maximum height at rear opening when the sleeping platform is down is over 5.5ft(H). That's enough to put your pants on standing up in your tent.
- Two piece sleeping platform allows interior access to the truck bed as well as plenty of room to stand while in the bed of your truck. Rear quarter section of sleeping platform pivots up for easy pass through access
- Superior powder coat finish. No sun fade.
- Heavy-duty gas struts, making the tent self-opening
- High-quality stainless-steel latches, padlock-able over center for security of your personal items inside
- Internal mount for installing a lighting bar inside the tent
- High-quality water and dust-proof industrial strength 3M seals on the tent opening. The seals will tolerate extreme heat and also cold weather
- Aluminum top extrusion rail perfect for mounting racks or solar panels
- Full tent body made from Australian Made Wax Convertor Coolabah Tear stop canvas – AS2001.2.18.1987 (military grade)
- A 10mm thick Closed Cell foam on the internal roof of the tent to provide high level thermal insulation against climate extremes
- 2x large fully opening insect proof fly mesh side windows (windows are 59" wide (W) by 34.4"(H))
- 1x large front door with full-length built-in window included, measuring 60.6"(H) by 30.7" (W)
- A bungee cord is included for neat and tidy folding of canvas and ease of closing the lid;
- 6x internal storage pouches are included as standard
- The canvas front awning assisted by lightweight aluminum support poles is structurally able to withstand strong winds and extreme weather conditions (no additional support rods required)
Optional Accessories available
- Camp King 3 Pouch Storage Unit for CampKing Outback and RTT
- Camp King Canvas Shoe Bag
- Camp King Heavy Duty Awning Brackets
- Camp King Roof Mounted Cross bars
- Camp King Additional ladder mounts for multiple entry points
- Rhino-Rack Vortex Removable Roof Rack Cross bar system
- Solar Panels 330-watt panel by Merlin Solar Panel available via Rhino Adventure Gear.
- RedArc Battery Management System
- Front Runner over the cab roof system exclusively available at Rhino Adventure Gear
- Laveo Dry Flush Camp King Outback Series compatible Toilet
Canopy Camper Installation
- Each Outback Series Canopy Camper comes with all seals, latches, and hardware to securely mount directly to your truck bed. We are able to install the units at either of our two CA locations.
Camp King Outback Dimensions
3rd Gen Tacoma 5ft Bed: