DRY FLUSH Laveo Dry Flush Toilet
Note - lead time is currently about 6 weeks.
Odorless, chemical-free, water-free and completely portable camping toilet.
- Portable- no electricity or plumbing needed
- 100% odorless
- No chemicals or wastewater- no spills
- No restrictions on types of toilet paper
- Light-weight (27lbs), full-size toilet
- Innovative waste bagging system- clean, hassle-free, and odor-free emptying of airtight waste compartment
- All surfaces that come in contact with waste are disposed of- no accumulation of smells over long-term use
- Disposable waste cartridges* last for up to 17 flushes
- 500 lb weight capacity
- 12V rechargeable battery pack & charger
*Unfortunately the waste bag cartridges are not yet biodegradable, but DryFlush is working on this, and we will update our cartridge selection as soon as this important development becomes available.
How it works
The disposable cartridges contain a continuous waste bag that is twisted and vacuum sealed between each flush. Flushing the Laveo toilet uses a rechargeable 12V battery to twist the flushed waste down to the bottom of the waste compartment, simultaneously advancing fresh bag material from the cartridge and making an airtight (odor-free) seal of the flushed waste. If you are familiar with a "diaper genie", the Laveo is similar, but with an additional vacuum generated airlock to contain odors.
Each waste bag cartridge can be used for up to 17 flushes, and the battery can last for months (about 300 flushes) between charges. When the cartridge is running out of waste bag material, a red indicator strip will appear. Cartridges can be replaced in less than a minute, please see the videos below.
These videos will give you a great sense of how easy and mess-free this toilet is, perfect for adventures far from running water.