RHINO-RACK Batwing Compact Awning (Left Side Mount)
The Batwing Compact Awning is packed with all the style and function of the full size 270° Batwing Awning, but at a slightly smaller size and price point. The length of this compact model when packed away on the roof rack is 79" (6' 7") compared to the massive 98" (8' 2") of the full size Batwing Awning. Running a shorter length awning can provide a cleaner looking fit for smaller vehicles, like 2-door Jeep JKs, older FJ cruisers, Subarus, teardrop trailers, etc. And you still get 69 sq ft of easy-to-deploy, wrap-around shade!
Just like the full size awning, The 270 degree Batwing Awning is made from a heavy-duty, water & mold resistant material that has been tested and rated to UPF 50+, and is endorsed by the Australian Cancer Council.
Free shipping is available on all Batwing Awnings!
If you've struggled in the past to set up awnings by yourself in the wind, have a look at the videos of the Batwing Awning set up below, and behold the convenience of integrated legs. All the components pack into the heavy duty rack-mountable PVC bag, so you don't have to worry about forgetting to bring the legs or stakes.
PLEASE NOTE: This version of the Batwing Awning is the Compact size, mounted on the left side of the vehicle (the driver's side). For the passenger side mounting version, please view the Right Side Mount Batwing Compact Awning. For a larger Batwing Awning, please view the Left Side Mount Batwing Awning.
Have questions about mounting bracket compatibility with your vehicle? Get in touch!
Batwing Compact Awning Speedy 1-Person Set Up Video
Please note: the full size Batwing Awning is shown in this video, but the set up is identical for this Compact model of Batwing.
Video Credit: Rhino-Rack
Upgraded Features of Rhino-Rack Batwing Awnings vs. Other 270 Degree Awnings:
- Integrated legs simply fold down from awning arms- no more separate storage bag to keep track of, no more constantly assembling, adjusting, and disassembling poles.
- Clever inner storage pouch to keep ropes and pegs means no additional parts to store in your vehicle.
- Roomier black storage bag has more wiggle room for a faster pack up
- Channel access point in back of awning allows you to mount lightweight accessories
- Additional reinforced tie down points
- Front end of storage bag includes thick plastic molding to protect awning from impacts when driving through overhead brush
- Molded footing on legs makes it quick and easy to stake down awning legs
- Material improvements include: High quality double-stitching on all velcro, thicker/heavier duty storage bag, larger zipper pull tabs on storage bag, new magnetic locking system for storing awning arms, and more.
Rhino-Rack Compact Batwing Awning Technical Specifications:
- 79" (L) x 79" (W) x 91" (H)
- Weight: 39 lbs
- Provides 270 degrees of shade covering 69 sq ft
Awning Material (210D P/OX W/R PU2000mm):
- Water and mold resistant
- Independently tested UV50+ rating
- Endorsed by Cancer Council (some proceeds are donated to cancer research)
- Pegs and guy ropes kept inside the awning in an enclosed pocket
- Fold out from the awning arms for easy access and no need for separate leg/peg/rope bag; everything is stored in the awning bag on the roof rack
- Made of lightweight, rust-proof black powder coated aluminum
- Adjustable up to 7.5 ft high and can be packed away at pre-set length that you optimize for your vehicle, or fully extended.
- Molded foot at base of legs includes dual peg receivers for staking legs into the ground.
- Rhino-Rack branded pickup point included to tie off the awning to your roof racks
- Thick plastic moulding protects front of awning from stray branches if you're driving through brush
- Sleek and spacious black storage bag made of heavy duty 580gsm PVC. Can be replaced if it gets damaged.
- Oversized zipper tabs on storage bag for easy use. Zipper track has been redesigned so it easily zips over the front end protective molding
- Rare earth neodymium magnets lock each awning arm in place when storing in bag for transport
Rhino-Rack Compact Batwing Awning Features Video
Please note: the full size Batwing Awning is shown in this video, but aside from the dimensions, the features shown are identical for this Compact model of Batwing.
Video Credit: Rhino-Rack
Included with Rhino-Rack Batwing Compact Awning:
- 270 degree lightweight, ripstop, water and mold-resistant awning
- Heavy-duty, black PVC awning cover bag
- 10 Pegs
- 8 Ropes (4 with hooks)
- Velcro-closing Peg & Rope Pouch integrated inside awning cover bag
- Tie Down point and strap
- 2 Multi-fit brackets and hardware (compatible with Pioneer & other rack systems)
- 2 spare Hinge Knuckles
Please get in touch if you have any questions about awning accessories, installation, roof rack, compatibility, etc!