A complete kit with of everything you need to build a 264 lb dynamic load capacity rack system for your Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door Hardtop!
PLEASE NOTE: Free shipping (within the 50 US states) is available on Rhino Rack Backbone Systems and unassembled Pioneer Platforms (including this kit). We also offer installation services for all Roof Racks and accessories that we carry.
PLEASE NOTE: Drilling into the hardtop is required to install the Wrangler JK Backbone System, but protective foam and hardware are provided for a secure and leak free fit.
If you prefer a Wrangler JK Backbone Kit with the Vortex Cross bars (instead of the Pioneer Platform) we can set that up for you instead, just get in touch.
Wranger JK Hardtop Pioneer Platform + Backbone Rack System Overview
Rhino-Rack has taken their rack mounting system design to the next level with the Wrangler JK Backbone Mounting System. The Backbone provides internal skeletal support frames for the included mounting plates. Interior integration of the Backbone support frames creates a series of 3 incredibly robust base mounting points on each side of JK hardtop roof.
A set of flush-mounting heavy duty metal legs (RLCP38), included in the kit, is then attached to the 3 base mounting points. The cherry on top: a 76" x 56" Pioneer Platform. All told, you can carry 264 lbs on your Wrangler JK- and have access to the full suite of Pioneer Platform accessories and bracket sets.
Rhino-Rack Wrangler JK Pioneer Platform + Backbone Rack System Kit Components and Specifications
Rack System Kit Components
- Backbone Mounting System for Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door Hardtops (drilling required)
- RLCP38 Leg Bracket Set (6 heavy duty metal legs)
- 72" x 56" Pioneer Platform Unassembled (assembly required)
Rack System Kit Specifications
Platform Dimensions: 72" (L) x 56" (W) x 1.5" (H)
On Road Dynamic Load Capacity: 264 lbs
Off Road Dynamic Load Capacity: 176 lbs *Due to the extreme forces acting on loads when driving on unsealed roads, Rhino-Rack reduces the stated off-road capacities to allow for a safety factor of 1.5. Forces and load capacities vary with trail conditions and speed of travel.
Static Load Capacity: 800 lbs
Warranty: 5 years
Rhino-Rack Wrangler JK Pioneer Platform + Backbone Rack System Kit Features
- The Rhino-Rack Backbone Mounting System allows you to tap into the interior support frame of the Wrangler JK hardtop, so you can maximize your carrying capacity and safely carry heavier loads- rated up to 264 lbs on road and 176 lbs off-road for 4 door JK Hardtops!
- The sleek and stylish Pioneer Platform with Rhino-Rack Backbone System is the ultimate low profile load carrying solution for your Jeep- with available add-ons including rails, rollers, and accessory attachment brackets.
- Aerodynamically designed to minimize wind drag and noise on the road.
- Black powder-coated design makes life easier by allowing you to load and unload your equipment in moments.
- Made from reinforced nylon and aluminum that provide lightweight strength that is non-corrosive, incredibly durable, and won't rust or fade. Tested in the harshest conditions around the world- so you know it can be trusted.
- Loading and unloading your equipment is easy. Simply slide your gear onto the Pioneer Platform and tie them down to the bars. The best thing about the Pioneer Platform is that it has been specifically designed to carry existing Rhino-Rack accessories including luggage bags, jerry can holders, spare wheel holders, shovels and loads more.
Don't have a 4 door Jeep Wrangler JK Hardtop, but interested in the Backbone System or Pioneer Platform? Let us know your vehicle information, or just call us, and if the part exists, we will get it for you.
We can design custom roof rack setups for most vehicles to fit your specific storage and or rooftop tent requirements. Some of our most popular products are available online, but for a complete review of our capabilities, please reach out via phone or email. We're more than happy to walk you through various design applications for your custom build.