Meet the brand new sPOD Bantam: a solid state Power Distribution System for centralizing power control of your 12/24 volt DC vehicle accessories to a single switch panel. Less than half the footprint of sPOD's renowned Source SE System, the small size of the sPOD Bantam opens up new mounting location possibilities, for ultimate flexibility under the hood.
The sPOD Bantam is an 8-circuit system (expandable up to 32 circuits) with a single cable running between the source controller under the hood and the switch box in the cab of your vehicle. Choose between the Touchscreen Panel digital switch controller, or the rugged HD Push Button Switch Panel. Both panels are fully programmable. This is the Touchscreen Panel model. Please look here for the HD Push Button Switch Panel model.
The sPOD Bantam + Touchscreen Panel System is now eligible for Free Shipping to US addresses!
PLEASE NOTE: To insure the part number you order is compatible with your vehicle, please reach out to us with information about the make, model and year of your vehicle. Slightly different bracket styles are required for mounting the Bantam in different locations and vehicles so it is important to let us know your vehicle information. Also prepare to state your preferences for the following options:
- Choose the Touchscreen Panel mounting system you prefer: a newly designed universal articulating mounting bracket is now included, but the older RAM ball/socket system is still available by request, for an additional fee.
- Mounting brackets for the Bantam are not included in the base price, as they vary slightly in price depending on vehicle type (+$30 to +$33).
- Choose to add Extended Battery Cable (84” instead of 36”) (+$15.00)
We will prepare a custom quote with accurate pricing for all your selections after you contact us.
sPOD Bantam Highlights Video
Video Credit: sPOD
sPOD Bantam Features
- High current capabilities (30 amps per circuit) with a maximum 100 amp capacity. Operates on 12 or 24 VDC.
- Small footprint: 4.0” (W) x 4.0” (L) x 1.125” (H)
- Each switch is programmable for: Dimming, Strobe, Flash, Momentary, "on-road" mode, & "off-road" mode. Switches can be programmed using the Bantam App on a smartphone or tablet.
- Switch linking (create a master switch to control other switches within the same panel).
- Flexibility to add multiple controller types including: Touchscreen Panel; HD smart controller; hard rocker switches; or wirelessly using the Bantam App on a smart phone, tablet or any Bluetooth LE enabled device.
- Expandable up to 32 circuits that can be controlled with single Touchscreen Panel, or infinite number of circuits with use of additional controllers, limited only by the supplied power source.
- Ethernet cable interconnect with a 25’ foot distance limitation.
- Fully programmable via free Bantam app. *Download the sPOD Bantam App at the Apple Store for iPhones and iPads or on Google Play for Android devices
- Current monitoring for each switch (via Touchscreen Panel and App).
- Protection against: over current, over heat, short, reverse polarity protection, and field collapse.
- Low voltage detection circuit that will monitor battery voltage and shut off system and all attached accessories (LVCO) when battery voltage drops below 11.2 VDC.
- Ignition control & safety lock-out features for two circuits (switches 1 & 2).
- 16-position terminal block for end user connections (both ground and power).
- Removable dust cover with space for legends and port identifications.
- Two universal mounting bracket options (flat or 90-degree bend)
- 8-position input terminal block for controlling outputs (3.3 to 24 VDC inputs).
sPOD Touchscreen Control Module Features
Touchscreen Control Module Specifications
- Touchscreen Control Module Dimensions: 3.75”W x 2.9”H x 0.625″D
- Touchscreen Control Module Housing: protective aluminum billet enclosure with 1" RAM mount ball on backing. Housing is not waterproof.
- Touchscreen Panel Specifications: 3.5" LED backlit TFT LCD display with 320 x 240 screen resolution, 16.7m colors, and 180-degree viewing angle
- Touchscreen Control Module connects to the Bantam Power Distribution System via 10ft Ethernet cable
- Multi Source System Selection: One touchscreen can control up to 32 circuits (up to four sPOD Bantam systems)
- Multiple Touchscreen Panels can be wired to control a single Bantam (if you want touchscreen control modules in multiple locations)
- Touchscreen Panel backlight dimming & auto-off after 30 minutes of inactivity (adjustable in Settings)
- Automatic power off after 6 hours of inactivity or engine not running (Deep sleep mode)
- One-touch off function; one second hold of off button shuts all circuits down
- Automatic system shut down if touchscreen is unplugged.
- Customize the name or icon displayed for each switch.
- Can be programmed from Settings menu of Touchscreen Panel, or using the Bantam App on a bluetooth-capable smartphone coupled to the integrated short-range bluetooth of the Touchscreen Panel.
Touchscreen Panel Display Information: Main Control Screen
- On/Off button
- Off Road Mode button
- Slider for dimming off road lights
- Custom Programmable Names for each of the 8 Switches
- Voltage (vehicle's battery & alternator voltage)
- Temperature of sPOD Bantam board (shown on screen)
- Setup Menu button