iKAMPER BDV Duo Roof Top Tent (Blue Dot Voyager, Assembled)
Order your iKamper BVD RTT via Rhino Adventure Gear today and ensure your place in line for the release on November 1st. We are getting a limited quantity of units at both our San Marcos and Fremont locations. Orders will be on a first come first serve basis, while supplies last. Customers placing preorders will have their units ready for pick up, installation, or shipping in the first week of November commensurate with the official iKamper BDV release dates!
The BDV Duo RTT is iKamper's newly released, wedge style, 2-person hard top roof top tent. Designed with configurability and accessory storage in mind, the ladder can be used on the driver’s side, passenger side, or rear of the tent. Racks on top and rails along the sides of the tent enable convenient mounting of recovery gear, storage, bikes, kayaks and more.
NOTE: This BDV Duo model comes preassembled and ready to mount on your vehicle. A suitable roof rack and installation onto the vehicle are required.
iKamper BDV Duo Key Features
- Exterior Durability: The BDV has an FRP exterior in Rocky Black finish for resistance against road debris and UV rays.
- Interior Comfort: If you're into vaulted ceilings and expansive windows and high-density, polyfoam mattresses so you can enjoy every moment.
- Expansive Views: Extra wide windows provide unobstructed views of the great outdoors. Windows have mesh and fabric layers. The rear entrance provides rainfly capability.
- Instantaneous Set Up: Just release the latch and let the gas struts open the tent for you. All you need to do is set up the ladder, rainfly poles, and enjoy.
- Simple to close: Use the closing strap to pull down the hard shell cover.
- Low Profile Design: At just 7 inches, the BDV is half as thick as other roof top tents. This minimizes any impact to your vehicle efficiency and keeps clearance requirements to a minimum.
- Earth Friendly: The BDV tent canvas is made from a blend of recycled polyester and organic cotton to reduce environmental impact.
- Accessorize: A full line of compatible accessories will be available in 2023.
iKamper BDV Duo Roof Top Tent Specifications
BDV Duo Dimensions:
Open: 56 × 106.25 × 59"
Closed : 56 × 90 × 6.75"
Height: 6.75” (when closed) / 55.25” (when open)
Max Internal Height (when open): 53.25"
Weight: 175 lbs
Max Load : 600 lbs
Sleeping Capacity: 1-2 people
BDV Duo Materials:
Tent Fabric: 300 gsm organic, breathable, black-out, recycled poly-cotton canvas
Rainfly Fabric: 75D ripstop waterproof polyester rainfly w/ eco-friendly water-repellent (DWR) coating
Floor: Durable, insulating honeycomb aluminum panels
Mattress: 9-zone, 2.75" thick, insulated polyfoam
Shell: Scratch/UV resistant Rocky Black FRP hard shell with durable canvas sides
Gas Strut Lift Force : 120 kgf
Why's it called the BDV?
BDV stands for Blue Dot Voyager. It captures the idea that we are travelers, voyaging on a pale blue dot. This is an extension of iKamper's philosophy, “Love People, Love Nature,” expressing affection for humanity and the planet we share. One scientist (Carl Sagen) called the Earth the “Pale Blue Dot” after seeing what it looked like in a photograph taken in 1990 by the Voyager 1, in which the Earth was smaller than a single pixel.