LIFESAVER LifeSaver Jerrycan 20K Liter Ultra Filtration (Multiple Colors)
The LifeSaver Jerrycan holds 5 gallons of water and packs ultra filtration (UF) technology. This rugged and portable jerrycan contains a built-in microbiological water purifier capable of filtering out viruses, bacteria, cysts, and parasites from up to 20,000 liters (~5,300 gallons) of contaminated water before the filter needs to be replaced.
Be prepared in the event of compromised water quality and confidently use water sources you encounter on a long journey. No need for chlorine or chlorine dioxide, just fill, pump, and drink!
The LifeSaver Jerrycan was designed to store and carry dirty water. The recommend strategy is to store dirty water, either in the LifeSaver Jerrycan or in other storage containers, and filter through the LifeSaver Jerrycan when clean water is required, to prevent recontamination of previously filtered water.
The filtration performance of the LifeSaver Jerrycan has been proven by passing compliance testing for NSF Protocol P248 Military Operations - Microbiological Water Purifiers. This exacting test requires effective removal of virus, bacteria and protozoan cysts as specified by the US Army Public Health Center (MEDCOM). See below for more details.
LifeSaver Jerrycan 20K L UF Key Features
- Intuitive to use – FILL. PUMP. DRINK.
- No electronic components; robust, simple design.
- Removes 99.99% Viruses; 99.9999% Bacteria; 99.99% Cysts.
- Mil-Spec compliant, exceeding NSF P248 compliance standards for virus, bacteria and protozoan cyst reduction by the US Army Public Health Center (MEDCOM).
- Produce up to 20,000 liters of clean water (daily water supply for 2-3 years)
- Store and carry 5 gallons of water at one time.
- Failsafe Design – an automatic indicator when the cartridge needs replacing; once filter membranes are blocked, water cannot pass through, keeping users safe.
- Replaceable ultra filtration cartridge & replaceable optional activated carbon disc for removal of chlorine, taste and odor (up to 500 liters before disc replacement needed).
- No measuring, wait times or unpleasant taste like when using chlorine or chlorine dioxide. Fast flow rate of up to 4 L/min.
- Reduces turbidity of glacial, cloudy or muddy water.
- Robust body for use in the most demanding of environments.
- Manufactured in the UK.
- Product materials and water effluent both BPA and BPS free.
Included components of the LifeSaver Jerrycan 20K L UF
- LifeSaver Jerrycan 20000UF
- Paper manual, plastic flush cap (for cleaning the filter), and a single carbon disk in a poly bag.
LifeSaver Jerrycan 20K L UF Technical Specifications
|VIRUS REDUCTION*||> 99.99% (Log 4)|
|BACTERIA REDUCTION*||> 99.9999% (Log 6)|
|CYST REDUCTION*||> 99.9% (Log 3)|
|FILTER MEDIA||Ultra Filtration (UF)|
|CHEMICAL REDUCTION||Activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odor, improving the palatability of water|
|DRY WEIGHT||8.6 lbs|
|VOLUME OF WATER FILTERED**||20,000 liters (5,300 US gallons)|
|INITIAL FLOW RATE**||4 liters/min @ 0.6 bar (g)|
|JERRYCAN STORAGE CAPACITY||18.5 liters (4.9 US gallons)|
*Tested by BCS laboratories Issued 28/08/18 based on full NSF P248 Protocol. These units are tested with two different types of water to challenge the filtration capability beyond the standard use. All figures quoted are taken from the stressed challenge phase of the test imitating sewage contaminated water.
**Volume of water filtered by the product and flow rates dependent on the composition and turbidity of the feed water.
After first use, filter should be kept moist and protected from freezing.