Australian manufacturers Camp King Industries are bringing their A game to America with the introduction of the Camp King Aluminum Roof Top Tent. This aluminum shell roof top tent comes fully insulated and wired for solar, lighting, USB charging etc. Premium build quality using Australian materials means you can sleep like a baby even if you're exploring rugged, remote terrain.
The 2mm aluminum shell can support a cross bar system so you can carry additional gear on top of the tent. Whether it's bikes, surf boards, kayaks, a rack mounted shower system, etc, the strong aluminum shell of Camp King's RTT means that the rack system carrying capacity of your vehicle is no longer negated by mounting a roof top tent. Just pop it on top of the rack system on top of the tent!
Camp King Aluminum Roof Top Tent Dimensions and Design Features
- CAD design with CNC laser cut and precision bending manufacturing process. Hand TIG welded for quality assurance.
- Massive internal opening height (5' 7") for spacious internal sleeping area
- Large entrance awning at rear of tent shelters main door so can be opened for ventilation even in poor weather conditions
- 2 fully opening, large windows for maximum air flow, natural light & superb views
- Telescoping ladder can be placed at the front main entrance or at either of the 2 sides for flexibility in camp configuration
- Installation-Ready with mounting rails & brackets for attachment to rack system
- Longer in length than many hard shell Roof Top Tents- ideal for tall campers
|Height (closed): 8"
Weight: 176 lb
Camp King Aluminum Roof Top Tent Premium Quality Materials
- 2mm aluminum shell with premium powder coat finish
- 3" thick high density memory foam mattress- Ultra thick memory foam is great for side sleepers!
Extra-Long Full/Double Size Mattress (53" x 85.5")- Completely fills floor of tent for wall-to-wall comfort with no mattress shifting (Note: a standard full size bed is 53" x 75")
- Tent fabric is Dynaproofed Coolabah TS (Tear Stop) Poly-Cotton (304 g) from Wax Convertor Textiles- breathable, insulating & water resistant- done right (see below).
- Closed cell foam (water resistant) insulated roof
- Heavy duty pressure rated struts assist opening of tent
- High quality seals to prevent dust and water entry
- Telescoping Aluminum Ladder is easily height adjustable to perfectly match your vehicle- lifted or not.
Technical Run Down of Dynaproofed Coolabah TS Poly-Cotton Canvas:
- Wax Convertor Textiles (WCT) is known to produce the best canvas products on the international market. WCT optimized the poly-cotton blend that is used in the Camp King RTT specifically for use in tents.
- The reason canvas and natural fabrics are preferred over plastic products is their breathability- which means a reduction in the condensation that accumulates inside the tent.
- The Dynaproofing production process applies rigorous standards for hydrostatic pressure and cone test leakage.
- In contrast, cheaper canvas products are often waterproofed by simply applying a thick coating over the canvas, which destroys the natural breathability of the material and results in condensation inside the tent. However, the Dynaproofing process impregnates the actual tear stop weave with the waterproofing treatment, so breathability is maintained.
- The result is a superior, breathable, waterproof canvas perfect for use in roof top tents.
- The 300g weight of Coolabah TS poly-cotton sits right in the sweet spot for roof top tents- thick enough to be insulating and not obnoxiously flappy in the wind, but thin enough to pack down easily without having to struggle to stuff in the fabric as you close the tent.
Included Accessories & High End Finishes Come Standard with Every Camp King Aluminum Roof Top Tent
- Full internal lining included- no separate lining/insulation kit purchase required
- 6x internal storage pouches included to organize and safely store your gear inside (internal storage pouches are mounted to roof)
- 3x additional storage areas built in to door and side panels of tent
- Internal LED lighting & mount included
- Extendable aluminum ladder included
- 2x Australian made Supa-peg poles to support the large entrance awning included
Electric & Wiring of Camp King Aluminum Roof Top Tent
- Pre-wired for solar panels
- 12V outlet and dual USB ports accessible from inside tent
- Hard-wired 12" LED light bar included- additional LED lighting can be added to magnetic mounting location if desired
Camp King Aluminum Roof Top Tent Walk Through Video
See a few of the features of the Camp King Aluminum Roof Top Tent- note that some of the included accessories are not shown in the video, so you can see quality of the backing and insulation that is normally hidden by the mattress and 6x storage pouches.