iKAMPER Skycamp 2.0 Roof Top Tent (4-person RTT)
*iKamper Skycamp 2.0 Special*
*In addition to the dollar discount, receive Free Shipping to a freight terminal or commercial receiving location
* Units in stock - while supplies last!
*iKamper 2.0 Roof Top Tents are shipped to your nearest freight terminal or commercial receiving location (continental US states only).
After the resounding success of their original Skycamp Roof Top Tent, iKamper is offering the next generation of iKamper Skycamp 4X Roof Top Tents: Skycamp 2.0. The basic aesthetic, dimensions & speedy set up that make the original iKamper Skycamp 1.0 so popular remain unchanged- You can still fit a family of 4 up on the roof of your vehicle and set up or tear down camp in about a minute. The skylight window and the signature, spacious, built-in king sized mattress are prominently featured in the Skycamp 2.0. Additionally, iKamper's large selection of add-on accessories and the optional Line-X "Rocky Black" coating are all still available and compatible with the Skycamp 2.0. But now there's even more to love about this innovative roof top tent!
Please see below for a run down on what's new for the Skycamp 2.0
PLEASE NOTE: This is the 2nd Generation (v. 2.0 model) of iKamper's 4-person Skycamp. Since iKamper's names and version numbers can be confusing, here's a quick breakdown of the current Roof Top Tent options from iKamper:
- 4-person iKamper Skycamp 4X (v. 1.0) --> original Skycamp 4X, no longer available
- 4-person iKamper Skycamp 2.0 --> this product is described below
- 2-person iKamper Skycamp 2X (v. 1.0) --> no longer available
- 2-person iKamper Skycamp 2X (v. 2.0) --> smaller in size than the Skycamp
iKamper Skycamp 2.0 New Design Features
- A World Map graphic on the fabric inside the roof of the tent.
- Tweaks to the mounting hardware. Skycamp 2.0 can still be mounted on a wide variety of vehicles and roof racks. As always, we can help with iKamper roof top tent installations.
- The option to pop open the side windows using the new canopy window poles. Windows of the Skycamp 2.0 have 3 layers: clear vinyl, mesh screen, and a polyester outer layer that can be extended using the provided poles to make canopy windows.
- Ladder rungs are now level to the ground when the ladder is extended to its proper 30° angle, making it more comfortable and safer to climb up without shoes on.
iKamper Installation Options
Many customers choose to pick-up their Roof Top Tents at our San Diego or San Francisco Bay Area Showrooms and take advantage of our installation services. Just bring your vehicle equipped with an appropriate roof rack and we will mount your new iKamper for you! We also sell and install roof racks suitable for off road travel with a roof top tent. Please get in touch to discuss rack systems and installation services tailored to your needs!
iKamper Skycamp 2.0 Roof Top Tent Features:
- Comfort and convenience for 2 adults & 2 children, or 3 adults
- You can leave your sleeping bags and pillows inside the Skycamp 2.0- just push them toward the hinge side when closing so the expandable floor can fold up properly!
- Dimensions (Closed): 54.3 x 85.8 x 12.5”
- Dimensions (Open): 82.6 x 85.8 x 43.3”
- 4.5 cm thick memory foam mattress is 82.6 x 74.8" (FYI a king mattress is 76 x 80")
- Long ladder: accommodates vehicles with roof-racks up to 90" from the ground
- Stainless steel shell locks secure the shell closed when not in use
- Set up & pack up in less than 1 minute
- Waterproof zippers are ready to handle the elements
- Design, development, and manufacturing certified to international standards for quality (ISO 9001) and environmental management (ISO 14001).
- Skyview Window: fall asleep looking up at the stars
- Or zip closed a canvas panel if the moonlight disturbs you!
Skycamp 2.0 Poly-Cotton Canvas Tent Material Information:
- Canvas is water resistant, breathable, insulating & long lasting
- Poly-Cotton canvas tents are fire retardant (FR) treated to meet CA safety requirements
- Made from thick, 30gsm Super Density Poly-Cotton Canvas
- iKamper's Poly-Cotton canvas tent is breathable (reduced condensation) and insulates very well. You won’t get as hot on a warm day in your Skycamp 2.0, nor as cold when it is chilly.
- Thickness of fabric means not just better insulation properties, but also less loud flapping of tent material in the wind, so you can enjoy a quiet night camping if there’s a breeze.
- Canvas fabric lasts longer and is more resistant to harmful UV rays than synthetic materials.
- Poly-Cotton canvas is water resistant, but care should be taken to dry out the material before closing the Skycamp 2.0 to avoid mildew.
iKamper Roof Top Tent Warranty:
- iKamper will replace any defective parts for the first 2 years free of charge
- After this 2 year period (for an additional 3 years), any replacement parts will be sold at the minimal cost- the cost of production.
Why shop for an iKamper Skycamp 2.0 Roof Top Tent from a local off-road adventure gear outfitter?
Rhino Adventure Gear is proud to have been the first official US-based distributor of iKamper Roof Top Tents. We continue to offer premiere customer service and invite you to take advantage of the following benefits of purchasing your Skycamp 2.0 Roof Top Tent from a local California company.
- Come to our San Diego and San Francisco Bay Area Showrooms and see the iKamper 2.0 Roof Top Tent 'in the flesh'. Kick the tires. Feel the fabric. Climb the ladder! Bring your whole family along and see how you'll fit.
- Learn how to open and close the Skycamp properly- try it for yourself! We'll make sure you know all the tips to use your Roof Top Tent safely and effectively.
- We are a local, family owned US-based business. We're easy to get a hold of and happy to speak with you and address any questions you may have about roof top tents, roof racks and more.
- We've personally installed dozens of roof top tents in our California shops and can properly fit your new iKamper Roof Top Tent to your vehicle.
- We are authorized Rhino-Rack distributors as well. We have many roof rack options available and will give you our frank, professional advice to insure a safe installation.
Choose from two Shell material options for your iKamper Skycamp 2.0 Roof Top Tent:
Standard Fiberglass Shell (Black or White)
- Strong, light weight, high-gloss, and aerodynamic- fiberglass has been the go-to shell material for hard shell roof top tents for decades
- The fiberglass shell of the Skycamp 2.0 is constructed of dual layers of fiber-reinforced plastic, with a thin layer of air trapped between the double layers of the shell. The double-wall shell design offers superior insulation, which reduces condensation and keeps your tent more comfortable
- Choose between black or white, whatever goes better with your vehicle and accessories.
- Each shell is hand inspected for flaws before shipping
Line-x Coated Fiberglass Shell ("Skycamp Rocky Black")
- Line-x is a durable, long-lasting, spray-on protective coating that is often used for bed-liners of trucks and utility vehicles.
- Provides matte black finish
- Helps protect your Skycamp 2.0 Roof Top Tent from scratches and impact damage during off-road driving through overhead brush.
- Line-x provides UV-protection insuring that the fiberglass shell is protected from long term exposure to possibly harmful UV-rays
iKamper Skycamp One Minute Set Up Features Video
Video Credit: iKamper.
Please note the iKamper Skycamp featured in this video is the 1.0 model, not the new 2.0 model, so new features are not displayed in the video. See the product photos for details on the appearance of the Skycamp 2.0.