No one wants to imagine the worst case scenario where they're having a heart attack, or at risk of losing a limb after a vehicle recovery incident on an inaccessible, remote 4x4 trail. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't do your best to be prepared. A couple of band-aids in the glove box aren't going to cut it when it really counts.
A tourniquet, moldable splint, emergency blanket, dehydration & chest pain meds are just a few of the highlights in Outer Limit Supply First Aid Kits that you can imagine might literally save your life if the dreaded worst case scenario should occur. All of these med kit essentials are found in every trauma/first aid kit made by Outer Limit Supply. Of course, trauma supplies are not meant to replace calling 911 and getting to a hospital ASAP.
We hope you never have to use the serious stuff in this kit. But having it in your rig just in case should bring you and your adventure companions some peace of mind. For even more peace of mind, consider taking a wilderness first aid class.
Need ideas for how to mount a kit to your rig without drilling holes in your equipment? Reach out and we can help get you set up with a roof rack compatible bracket for the quick release mounting kit.
Trauma Kits Designed by a Paramedic Firefighter, Perfect for Off-Road Adventures
Outer Limit Supply Trauma Kits are designed by an emergency response professional who knows what you need when a life is on the line. OLS First Aid Kits come in three sizes, intended for journeys of varying duration or party size.
Since it is impossible to know the number or type of injuries that may occur, OLS declines to recommend a certain number of people that could be treated by any given first aid kit. In general, the larger the kit is, the more numerous and more extensive the included supplies are.
Refill Kits are available upon request should you diminish your emergency supplies or need to refresh an older kit that has expired medications.
Trauma Kits vs First Aid Kits 101
Trauma Kits are intended to aid in a life threatening emergency until you can reach a hospital. First Aid Kits are appropriate for common scrapes and bumps that are not life threatening. Technically speaking, each of the First Aid Kits from Outer Limit Supply is a combined Trauma Kit and First Aid Kit, since they include life-saving products (like tourniquets), but also prevention and recovery basics like anti-bacterial cream and ibuprofen.
What Makes Outer Limit Supply Kits the Best First Aid Kit For Overlanding?
- Having a combined Trauma + First Aid Kit, like the med kits from OLS, is ideal for remote vehicle-based excursions- where there is potential for life threatening emergencies, but minor injuries are more frequently encountered.
Heavy Duty Quick-Release Mounting Kit is available to anchor your First Aid Kit to your vehicle, trailer, etc so it is always exactly where you expect it to be. Powder coated steel mounting system is pull tested not to release with up to 300 lbs of pull, unless the quick-release mechanism is engaged- so it will stay put even in bumpy, off-road conditions with extreme dynamic forces.
- High-visibility case is crushproof, waterproof, and (importantly for unsealed roads) dustproof. Contents of case can easily be tailored and modified to your personal medical needs.
- A portion of OLS profits go to good causes including Team Overland, a non-profit that supports US Veterans with service related physical and mental injuries combat their challenges by using outdoor adventures as an outlet and means of reintegrating into civilian life.
Outer Limit Supply Daytripper First Aid Kit
The Daytripper is perfect to have on hand at all times or for a quick trip. This compact First Aid Kit exceeds the American National Standard ANSI/ISEA Z308.1-2015 Class A for both vehicles and workplace. Contents are packed inside of a high impact ABS case that is watertight, dust, and crush proof.
It's made in the USA and will keep your supplies in a clean environment, even if you're not! SOF® Tactical Tourniquet-Wide and a 24" moldable splint included.
Exterior Dimensions: 10.18" x 8.55" x 4.78".
Daytripper First Aid Kit Contents: Dressings
- (50) 1" X 3" Plastic Strip Bandage
- (1) 1/2" X 5 Yards Adhesive Tape
- (1) 2" Rolled Gauze
- (6) 3" X 3" Gauze Pads
- (1) 4" X 4" Cool Blaze Burn Dressing
- (6) Cool Blaze Burn Gel
- (2) 5" X 9" Abdominal Pad
- (16) 1” X 3” Woven Elastic Patch Bandages
- (5) 2” X 3” Elastic Patch Bandages
- (5) Elastic Knuckle Bandages
- (5) XL Elastic Fingertip Bandages
- (4) Eye Pads Sterile
- (10) Triple Biotic Ointment
Daytripper First Aid Kit Contents: Tools
- (1) SOF® Tactical Tourniquet-Wide
- (10) Antiseptic Wipes
- (1) Basic First Aid Guide Booklet
- (1) Cold Pack
- (1) CPR Shield
- (2) Disposable Gloves (2 Pairs)
- (1) Emergency Survival Blanket (84"X52")
- (1) Eye Wash 1 Oz Bottle
- (6) Hand Sanitizer
- (1) Light Stick Yellow (12 Hour)
- (1) Scissor
- (1) Triangle Bandages (40" X 40" X 56")
- (1) Tweezers
Daytripper First Aid Kit Contents: Medications
- (5) Aspirin (Chest Pain)
- (1) Glucose Tube (Low Blood Sugar)
- (5) Cetafen Extra Strength (Non-Aspirin)
- (5) Diotame (Diarrhea)
- (5) Exaprin (Pain Relief)
- (5) Histaprin (Allergic Reaction)
- (5) Ibuprofen (Pain Relief)
- (5) Medi Lyte (Dehydration)