Lexus GX460 Slimline II Roof Rack Kit Specifications
Components included in Slimline II Lexus GX460 Roof Rack KRLE007T:
- 1 x FATP001 - Toyota Prado 150 Foot Rails - by Front Runner
- 1 x RRSTD10 - Slimline II Tray - 1255mm(W) X 1964mm(L) - by Front Runner
- Installation Instructions - by Front Runner
The t-slots on the tops and bottoms of the rack tray slats and edge profiles accommodate standard 8mm bolts.
Materials: Black epoxy powder-coated T6 aluminum & 3CR12 Stainless Steel
Weight Capacity: The rack itself is rated to hold up to 660 lbs (static). For the vehicle load rating you will have to contact the vehicle manufacture. Front Runner does not specify a dynamic load rating for the Slimline II. Use good judgement.
Installed Weight: ~71 lb
Warranty: All Front Runner Racks are backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty
Front Runner Slimline II Features
Made in South Africa, the Front Runner all-aluminum Slimline II Roof Racks are engineered for modern off-road adventure vehicles and offer unmatched strength, lightness and functionality. Each rack is engineered to meet the demands of professional adventurers who navigate extreme road conditions on a daily basis.
Modular Design for Complete Flexibility
- More slats can be added to the tray to create a solid platform option, or slats can be removed to create access and views through many T-tops or sunroofs.
- Full size racks can be quickly converted to shorter racks with the purchase of a pair of shorter side rails. Or, a smaller rack can be lengthened with the purchase of longer side rails and additional slats.
- Expedition style rails can even be effortlessly added to create the classic roof rack basket shape.
- If any individual component of the roof rack becomes accidentally damaged, the part can be swapped out without having to replace the entire tray.
Engineered Strength for Off-Road Use
- The Slimline II was designed and built specifically for off-road use. Manufactured with high density T6 aluminum, the Front Runner Slimline II tray is rated to carry 660 lbs (This is the static rating. Never exceed the load rating specified by your vehicle manufacturer).
- The load support slats fit into a double walled aluminum extrusion channel on the side profiles and are secured via locking nuts. This patented design creates an exceptionally strong joint support.
- The Slimline II’s L-shaped rear and front slat design increases the strength of the entire rack.
Durably Constructed from Lightweight, High-Density Aluminum
- Aluminum is roughly 30% lighter than steel and is corrosion-resistant. Front Runner's patented all-aluminum Slimline II design offers a superior strength to weight ratio. This rack system can withstand greater stresses than the best all-steel roof rack at 1/3rd less weight.
- The extra strength and lightness of the Slimline II allows heavier loads to be carried on the roof of the vehicle more safely. Using the lighter Slimline II Roof Rack instead of a comparable all-steel rack can lessen your vehicle’s environmental impact, decrease vehicle wear, and improve gas mileage.
- As an extra layer of protection to the corrosion free aluminum, Front Runner Slimline II Roof Racks and mounting solutions are powder coated satin black with one of the industry’s most durable and lasting finishes: Akzonobel’s Interpon 600 (CPO 6034). This weather-resistant powder coating is formulated for exterior uses and far exceeds industry standards, with the finish showing no visible damage at 500 hours of continuous salt spray.
Low Profile Streamlined Design
- Because of the unique T-slot mounting system, “basket style” side rails are not necessary. This flat deck design is unobtrusive and compliments the lines of today’s automobiles. Because there are no side rails, it’s easier and quicker to remove stored gear and it’s also possible to mount a roof top tent.
- For city use, the lower profile affords easier access to underground car parks and garages. By minimizing the profile, there is less drag and noise than the typical roof rack - thereby increasing fuel efficiency and increasing performance.
- To further reduce wind noise, all Front Runner Slimline II Roof Racks come with Wind Deflectors included.
Versatile Gear Mounting Options
- The Slimline II offers easy on and off mounting for any type of adventure gear. No more untying, unstrapping, un-netting the entire contents of your roof rack to remove one item. Loads are independently secured anywhere on the top, sides, or bottom of the rack using Front Runner’s versatile bolt-on system.
- The Slimline II offers limitless possibilities for the end user to customize the arrangement of over 50 Front Runner roof rack accessories.