Graphite Grey with Sapphire Blue rainfly color scheme is an INCLUDED option ($149.99 value) exclusively available at Rhino Adventure Gear
Exped® DeepSleep 7.5 DUO LW+ Mattress ($279.99 value) and 2 Crossbar Lid Rack option ($249.99 value) are also INCLUDED in the above pricing
Terrapod is based in northern Georgia and manufactures 100% US-built Roof Top Tents. Their aluminum/composite RTTx XL Tent has an Ultra Thin profile- Only 5.25" high when closed! This masterfully designed tent includes all the bells and whistles you expect from a premium quality tent- from upgraded materials, included accessories and innovative design features.
Rhino Adventure Gear is proud to welcome these high quality, US-made tents to our curated collection of premier roof top tents!
PLEASE NOTE: Available for warehouse pickup or installation only (We are not shipping Terrapod RTTx XL Tents just yet). All units are subject to a $99 destination charge.
Terrapod RTTx XL Tent Materials and Design Features
- Ultra low profile design: see RTTx XL Dimensions & Tent Fitment options below
- Made in the USA
- Exterior Shell: Heavy duty aluminum / composite construction (see log drop strength demo video below). UV stable composite main surfaces with Terrapod® topo graphics.
- Tent Fabric: 7 oz. 600D UV & puncture resistant polyester w/ waterproof PU coating. Gray with black accents.
- Color Options: Graphite Grey with Sapphire Blue rainfly available exclusively at Rhino Adventure Gear.
- Windows: High quality no-see-um mesh with zip-down solid walls
- Rainfly/Awning: Heavy weather 3.9 oz. 300D polyester diamond grid ripstop fabric with waterproof PU coating. Zinc coated spring rods included. Rainfly color is our exclusive Sapphire Blue. If you prefer a charcoal gray, red, or orange rainfly awning, those are available for purchase separately.
- Airflow: Unique “chimney” airflow keeps fresh air in and allows moisture to escape.
- Ladder: Telescopic 8.5 ft ladder included (supports up to 330 lbs)
- Opening Mechanism: Interior gas-spring support struts
- Latch Hardware: Heavy duty pad-lockable latches
- Accessory Mount Points: Side & bottom T-Slot style tracks for mounting accessories to RTTx
- Tent Roof Rack: Includes Medium Duty Tent Roof Rack (2 crossbars & hardware) for carrying items on top of RTTx
- Vehicle Fitment: Universal mounting of RTTx on vehicle via mounting brackets for fitment to crossbars.
- Interior Upgrades Included: Battery-powered LED touch light, Removable mini gear pocket, Shoe bag, Loft gear net
Comfort Mattress: Includes Exped® DeepSleep Duo 7.5 LW Mattress (open cell foam insulated self-inflating mattress 77.6" x 52" x 3")
- 100% Recyclable
Terrapod RTTx XL Tent Dimensions
- Closed: ~ 93” x 54” x 5.25”
- Open: ~ 93” x 54” x 54”
- Sleeping Area: 86.75” x 52.75“
- Mattress Size: 78” x 52” x 3”
- Sleeping Capacity: 2-3 adults
- Weight: ~ 120 lbs (Tent only / dry)
- Weight Capacity: Supports up to 550 lbs of total static weight (**Always stay within your vehicle's specified load requirements. Please check with your aftermarket rack & vehicle manufacturer load requirements before purchase.
Terrapod RTTx XL Aftermarket Roof Rack Compatibility
The RTTx XL has been designed for mounting to your vehicle without the need of a full roof rack. For the lowest profile fit, skip the rack and mount directly via Rhino-Rack’s Backbone Rails or ARB’s Rack Fitment Kit.* For those needing gutter mounts or rail mounting, options are available.
If you prefer to use your existing racks (or prefer to mount the tent to a new rack rather than directly to your vehicle, Terrapod offers some brackets and adapters to fit different styles of aftermarket roof racks. However, in some cases customization may be required. Please reach out to discuss options for your specific rig setup.
*Limited to specific vehicle makes and models.
Terrapod RTTx XL Tent Videos
Video Credit: Terrapod